- Early Film to World War II
- Early Film: About the Midterm Exam
The Midterm Exam will be on Tuesday, October 16, in class. The exam will cover the first seven weeks of course material.
The exam will consist of two parts:
- eight (8) identifications, each worth 5 points (about 2–3 sentences)
- three (3) short essay questions, each worth 20 points (about 2–3 paragraphs)
The subjects covered in this exam will be…
- the invention of cinema
- development of early film, narrative, and style
- the Trust, the Independents and the origins of the studio system
- The National Cinemas of…
- The MPPDA and the advent of sound
About each, you should know…
- What is it, including what makes the films distinct?
- What are the origins or causes leading to it?
- Why is it important?
You will have two hours to take the exam.